DR 650 2006
FMF Q2 pipe
- Removing the snorkel (More air).
- Raising the stock needle 1-2mm (Best for stock in combination with snorkel removal).
- Opening the top of the airbox (Even more air but needs a complete re-jet). Done
- Drilling 2nd hole in carb slide (Improve slide response speed).
- Shortening the diaphragm spring (Decrease the preload - increase slide speed some more).
- 145 pilot jet (Up 1 size - reduce popping). DONE 147.5
- 1.2 pilot air jet (Up 2 sizes - reduce off-idle rich bog). DONE
- New Y-5M needle jet (If the brass OEM one wears you get a big off idle bog and it will seem to run rich).
fuel mixture screw is 2.5 turns for start.